ClimateClever PTY LTD is an Australian-based social enterprise, which designed and built the ClimateClever App/Platform. The Platform assists schools, homes and businesses to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on utility bills.
This page is used to inform you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information and who we share it with. We don’t take your privacy for granted and we use the greatest care in protecting your personal information.
1. What information do we collect and why?
For a better experience while using our Platform, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to email, name, address, demographic information, billing information, utility bills, building information, including appliances and other building assets, and information on low carbon actions undertaken.
- We collect your personal information directly from you via our App and, in some cases, from other organisations. In situations where we work closely with partner organisations, such as social services organisations, we may share your information in order for those organisations to better support you. Rest assured; we will always request your consent when we do this, and they will never disclose your personal information to another organisation without your consent.
We may also share de-identified information with other partner organisations or sponsors (see our Terms) such as local governments, utility companies and other organisations that may subsidise or support you to use our App and Platform. The information will be de-identified, aggregated and generic in nature and used predominantly for reporting purposes, as well as for improving their own services to you. We may also provide de-identified information and data to research organisations, including universities, for the purpose of conducting research.
For the purpose of this undertaking, the data and information mentioned above shall not include that which:
- Is in the public domain at the time of disclosure;
- Becomes part of the public domain after disclosure to a party through no fault, act or failure to act, error or breach of this undertaking by ClimateClever;
- Is discovered by parties independent of any involvement in the program;
- Is required by order, statute or regulation of any government authority to be disclosed to any court or other body, provided that the party shall notify the other party thereof to provide or afford it the opportunity to obtain a protective order or other relief;
- Or is obtained from a third party who has acquired a legal right to disclose the specific information.
Current Third Party Services
Our Platform uses third party services that may collect information used to identify you. Below are links to Privacy Policies of third party Platform providers used by our App and Platform:
- Stripe, used for collecting payment details and creating subscriptions.
- SendGrid, used for sending you transactional emails such as notifications and account updates.
- Amplitude, used for tracking engagement throughout the platform;
- Sentry, used for bug tracking;
- Segment, used for integrating services such as Amplitude and Sentry
2. Log Data:
Whenever you use our App, we collect data and information (through third party products) on your device called Log Data. This is in a case of an error in the App and will help us to rectify the problem for you in the most efficient manner. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the browser and web app when utilising our Platform, the time and date of your use of the Platform, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory.
Our App uses “cookies” to collect information to improve our Platforms. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and to know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of the ClimateClever Platform.
4. Service Providers:
We may employ third-party organisations, companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our App and Platform;
- To perform other related services or;
- To assist us in analysing how our Platform is used.
We want to inform you that these third parties may have access to your information. However, we will always ask for your consent if we share your personal information. These third parties perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf, such as payment systems and automated email services. They will not disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information and we use best practice, commercially acceptable, means of protecting it. However, it is important to understand that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure and reliable. If any data breach that occurs, we will let you know within 24 hours, including what information was accessed.
6. Links to Other Sites
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Platforms do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately.