We're currently hiring the following roles:
Who we are
The ClimateClever team helped to certify the first carbon-neutral school in Australia back in 2012. Since then, they have been on a mission to help more schools take action on climate change. The program was launched nationally in January 2018 but was developed based on years of research and pilots. The ClimateClever Initiative is powered by innovative, data-driven and evidence-based software that enables schools and their communities to measure, compare, manage and reduce their carbon footprint and utility costs. Our tools and team are also helping to educate, upskill and empower the next generation to become leaders in creating a low carbon future. ClimateClever is a social enterprise and gives 10% of its profits back to schools in disadvantaged communities.
We are a small team of five - all very passionate about making a difference. We have initially targeted schools as they provide an exceptional opportunity to create significant societal change. A few weeks ago, we launched a home version of the platform and later on in the year will be releasing a small business version.
What we’re looking for
- Can problem solve technical issues and provide clear and concise solutions.
- Follows best practices when coding
- Enjoys building great applications that are accessible for everyone
- Can build an engaging UI that keeps users coming back
- Has an eye for details with the ability to iterate quickly and communicate ideas across various levels of fidelity.
- Has the ability to receive feedback constructively as well as provide feedback to other’s work
- A good understanding of HTML and CSS
- A good understanding Git and following best practices when maintaining/building a project
- Ability to use project management tools such as Slack and Zenhub
- Experience building web apps with React
- Experience building mobile apps with React Native
- API development with NodeJS
- MongoDB / AWS / Microservices
What you will get
- The chance to apply your technical knowledge and expertise to a fast-growing environmental/tech startup
- The opportunity to try new approaches in a safe and supportive environment
- The ability to work from home and the office, enjoying flexible hours
- The opportunity to work with a dynamic, fun and supportive team from across the country
Type of Employment
The roles are full time with a six month probation period. Junior postion starting salary is $60k moving to $65 after probation.
How to apply?
Send a copy of your CV and examples of your work to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org