We're currently hiring the following roles:
ClimateClever is Australia’s first community-focused climate-tech platform that assists households, schools, businesses and communities to measure and reduce their carbon footprint, save money on bills and ultimately go carbon neutral. The innovative Perth and Sydney-based startup was initially launched as an Edtech company in 2018, but expanded into homes in 2020 and launched their ClimateClever platform for businesses in April 2021. The success of our recent investment round has allowed us to grow rapidly and continue to increase our impact nationally. ClimateClever’s vision is to be the most widely adopted platform for climate action and carbon data globally.
About the role:
Our current tech stack:
This role will be responsible for working on the front-end helping with our web apps and website. Our website currently uses Prismic and NextJS and our web apps use ReactJS. We are moving the apps to Svelte next year and will be training up our whole team.
We have automated testing and release pipelines and a great development experience, meaning you get to focus on building features that matter.
The whole Product Team at ClimateClever gets to have an input and try out ideas. We encourage learning and experimentation. Our job is to make you a better engineer so you can build better products.
We are currently looking for someone with a year of experience working on web technologies. Aside from that, regardless of your skill level we want to hear from you. We have complex problems to solve, and a mission to make reducing your footprint easy and accessible to all, so if you care about these things then we are the right place for you.
Will we support you and help you improve your skills, so all you need is a passion for continuous learning and development. This is your opportunity to work in a purpose-driven, fast-paced startup and feel like you are making a positive difference in the world!
We have flexible working hours and support remote work. You don’t need to come into the office if you don't want to (first week of onboarding is the only in office requirement). You will be given funding for a home office setup ($1,000), a new laptop and have access to an annual training budget.
Your final salary will be determined by your level of experience and knowledge. Please see our pay bands below.
- Junior: $65k to $75k
- Mid-level: $80k to $110k
- Senior: 120k +
Location: Perth WA
How to apply:
At Climate Clever, we like to do things differently. You won't find any whiteboards or crazy code challenges here! Start by sending an introduction about yourself and why you’d like to work for ClimateClever, along with a link to any work or an online portfolio to our CTO Alexander Karan at email@example.com. The next step will be a casual interview if you are selected.
We are Australia’s first community-focussed climate-tech platform that assists households, schools, businesses and entire communities to accurately measure and reduce their carbon footprint through real actions and save money on bills.
Our innovative Perth and Sydney-based startup was launched by our Founder Dr Vanessa Rauland in 2018, initially as an Edtech business for schools. We expanded into Homes in 2020 and launched our ClimateClever Business App in 2021. ClimateClever also works with Local Governments across Australia to help them quantify climate action at the local level and meet community emission reduction targets and sustainability KPIs. We partner with larger companies to help them measure and reduce their supply/value chain emissions.
ClimateClever’s mission is to drive meaningful and measurable impact on climate change by making climate action affordable and accessible for everyone. Our vision is to be the most widely adopted platform for climate action and carbon data globally.
We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is treated fairly and with respect, feels valued and contributes. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide flexible working conditions.
About the role:
Reporting to the CTO, the primary purpose of the Carbon Specialist is to provide technical expertise and guidance around our carbon management system within the ClimateClever Platform. You will also be responsible for documenting and communicating the carbon emissions methodologies and processes for internal and external purposes and providing other relevant climate-related content for the company. You’ll play a key role in how our API and apps work and will work directly with the developers to improve our automated system. You’ll be joining a passionate and supportive team and have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the development of ClimateClever’s technology platform and products, and growth as a company.
Accountabilities will include:
- Auditing, updating and maintaining greenhouse gas emissions data from a variety of sources used within the app, as well as identifying new sources;
- Testing and auditing the platform to ensure it is performing correctly;
- Reviewing and analysing how the ClimateClever Platform aligns with existing reporting frameworks (both voluntary and mandatory, and on a state, national and global level) and providing recommendations on how it could be improved or better aligned;
- Staying on top of emerging trends for carbon accounting and reporting;
- Support the development and implementation of processes and systems to ensure the platform provides accurate and relevant carbon analysis and reporting for users;
- Support the Product team around ongoing integration of climate-related features and functionality into the app;
- Providing advice and insights on new features that could improve the carbon footprint and reduction process and help improve user experience;
- Working closely with the Operations and Engagement team to develop carbon/climate specific content for the website, API docs and for general marketing purposes (i.e. blogs, SM campaigns);
- Engaging, upskilling and training internal stakeholders (i.e. the ClimateClever team) and external stakeholders (i.e. our users/customers/clients) about various aspects of carbon accounting and reporting and GHG mitigation strategies;
- Helping the online Support team answer carbon related questions from users of the platform and contributing to FAQs;
- Supporting market development and rapid business growth through research, networking, and attending and presenting at external events;
- Helping to identify the most impactful carbon reduction initiatives across various sectors and industries.
- Ambitious self-starter with the ability to deliver work with minimal supervision;
- Strong understanding, and in depth knowledge of GHG emissions reporting standards and requirements including GHG Protocol, GHG Protocol for Cities (GPC), ISO and PAS standards and methodology sources such as NGA (Australia), UK GHG Conversion Factors, US EPA, California CAPP, Ecoinvent;
- Understanding of, and preferably some experience in, life cycle analysis;
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation and regulatory frameworks including NGERS, NABERS, Emissions Reduction Fund, (ERF) and the Renewable Energy Target (RET);
- Good understanding of other frameworks such as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD); Climate Active Certification, BCORP Certification, and Science-Based Targets;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate complex topics effectively;
- Strong analytical skills including attention to detail;
- Relevant Environmental / Engineering /Science / Sustainability degree or a related discipline desirable;
- Committed to the company vision and values;
- Ideally a Climate Active certified consultant.
The successful candidate will ideally be based in the ClimateClever office in Sydney, NSW, however, other locations will be considered.
This is a full time role. Annual base salary starting at $80K with the final salary based on experience. We offer flexible work arrangements including the option to work from home with flexible hours. You will be given funding for a home office setup and have access to an annual training budget.
Other benefits from joining the ClimateClever team:
- The opportunity to be part of a fast growing, purpose-driven Climate-Tech startup;
- Working collaboratively within a team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds;
- Being able to contribute to the growth and direction of the company from day one;
- Ongoing opportunities for training, PD, personal growth and career development;
- A fun, supportive and passionate team culture;
- A strong culture of work-life balance;
- Opportunity to directly influence how the ClimateClever products work;
- The ability to have a high level of autonomy and independence in your work;
- Ability to build your network within sustainability/climate/tech sector;
- Being able to wake up each morning knowing that you are having a positive impact on the world!
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Vanessa Rauland at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re a good fit for our startup and what you could bring to this role. We will keep the position open until we find the right candidate.