We're currently hiring the following roles:
Business Engagement Lead - Sustainability and Climate
ClimateClever is Australia’s first community-focussed climate-tech platform and program that assists households, schools and now businesses to measure and reduce their carbon footprint and save money on utility bills. The innovative Perth and Sydney-based startup initially launched as an Edtech biz in 2018, but expanded into Homes in 2020 and has just launched their ClimateClever App for Businesses. Often partnering with Local Governments, the ClimateClever Platform provides a unique opportunity to quantify climate action at the local level. Council partners benefit from the aggregated, de-identified/anonymous community climate data, which they use for sustainability reporting within their community. ClimateClever’s vision is to create a network of climate champions within our communities leading the way in creating a low carbon future.
About the role
This role will be helping us to grow our client-base for our brand new Business App. It is a unique opportunity to join a small but innovative team in a rapidly growing startup based in Perth and Sydney, and play a significant role in its expansion. Reporting to our Head of Operations, you will be responsible for driving sales and awareness of the Business App nationally. Our fun, dynamic and passionate team will help set you up for success.
- IDENTIFYING BUSINESS LEADS: Find relevant networks and businesses to approach that are interested in sustainability and climate action.
- OUTREACH AND SALES: Provide webinars and presentations at events. Reach out to relevant businesses and follow up on leads that register interest. Provide App demo’s and manage the sales pipeline.
- CUSTOMER RETENTION: Provide an exceptional customer experience for new businesses that sign up, including on-boarding new clients, customer support, and providing feedback from clients to the ClimateClever team.
- CELEBRATE SUCCESS: Work with the Marketing & Communications team to track and promote success stories and achievements across new Biz clients.
- GROWTH: Identify new strategies for attracting new businesses.
- RESEARCH: Become familiar/stay up to date with various sustainability and climate certification frameworks that our ClimateClever App can help businesses to report on (i.e. Climate Active, BCorp, GRI etc).
Growing our Business clients will be your highest priority. You will have exceptional communication and presentation skills and ideally will be interested in/passionate about sustainability and climate action and will be able to communicate the benefits of this to corporate clients. Previous experience in sales and customer relationship management/engagement will set you up for success in this role. You will have great tech skills, a passion for learning and be able to work autonomously.
This role will ideally be based in our Head Office in Fremantle (WA), but we’ll also consider applicants in Sydney. This is a three day a week position, with the possibility to go full-time based on performance. Days and hours are flexible, as is the opportunity to work partially from home.
This is your opportunity to work in a purpose-driven, fast-paced startup and feel like you are making a positive difference in the world!
Annual base salary is $40k (pro-rata) plus a commission per business that signs up.
Send a one page cover letter and your CV to email@example.com. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview as soon as they are identified. The role will be closed as soon as the successful applicant is found.
Dr Vanessa Rauland
Founder and CEO