We're currently hiring the following roles:
Business Outreach Lead
ClimateClever is Australia’s first community-focussed climate-tech platform that assists households, schools, businesses and communities to measure and reduce their carbon footprint and save money on bills. The innovative Perth and Sydney-based startup initially launched as an Edtech business in 2018, but expanded into Homes in 2020 and launched their ClimateClever App for Businesses in April 2021. Partnering with Local Governments, the ClimateClever Platform provides a unique opportunity to quantify climate action at the local level. Council partners benefit from the aggregated, de-identified/anonymous community climate data, which they use to meet their emission reduction targets and for sustainability reporting within their community. Similarly, we help larger businesses measure and reduce their supply/value chain emissions. ClimateClever’s vision is to be the most widely adopted platform for climate action and carbon data globally.
About the role
This role will be helping us to grow our national client-base for our new Business App. You will be responsible for identifying and reaching out to new leads and closing sales. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in strategic decision-making, helping to set up new systems and processes to manage the Business App sales pipeline, feed into other aspects of the broader business and help guide the future direction of our growing startup. It is a unique opportunity to join a passionate, diverse and innovative team in a rapidly growing startup based in Perth and Sydney, and play a significant role in its expansion. Through this position, you will be directly helping to address the most pressing and important challenge of this century.
- IDENTIFYING BUSINESS LEADS: Find relevant networks and businesses to approach that are interested in:
- Sustainability and climate action and/or are required to meet climate/ESG targets and KPIs themselves;
- Joining our Affiliate Partner program (i.e. businesses who are interested in/would benefit from on-selling our App to their own clients).
- OUTREACH AND SALES: Reach out to relevant businesses and follow up on leads that register interest. Provide App demos and manage the sales pipeline.
- GROWTH: Identify new strategies for attracting new businesses.
- NETWORKING: Attend face-to-face and virtual events and give webinars and presentations.
- RESEARCH: Become familiar/stay up to date with various sustainability and climate certification frameworks that our ClimateClever App can help businesses to report on (i.e. Climate Active, BCorp, GRI, EU Taxonomy, CDP etc).
- REGULAR REPORTING: Providing fortnightly updates to ClimateClever’s COO on growth.
- CELEBRATE SUCCESS: Work with the Marketing & Communications team to track and promote success stories and achievements across new Biz clients.
Growing our Business clients will be your highest priority. You will have exceptional communication and presentation skills. Ideally you will be interested in, passionate about and/or have experience in sustainability, climate and carbon reduction strategies and will be able to communicate the benefits of this to corporate clients. Previous experience in sales and customer relationship management/engagement, particularly in a corporate setting, will set you up for success in this role. Previous experience within a growth company/startup is also desirable. You will have great tech skills, a passion for learning and be able to work autonomously.
This is your opportunity to work in a purpose-driven, fast-paced startup and feel like you are making a positive difference in the world!
ClimateClever has offices in Fremantle, WA and Sydney, NSW. The successful candidate will be based in Sydney.
This is a full time role. Annual base salary starting from $75,000 with the final salary based on experience. We offer flexible work arrangements including the option to work from home with flexible hours. You will be given funding for a home office setup and have access to an annual training budget.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Tess Nicholls at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re a good fit for our startup and what you could bring to this role. We will keep the position open until we find the right candidate.